Monday, June 6, 2011

Miwani Farm and the Gals

June 6th
We also got to meet 3 Indian sisters who are neighbors to the Miwani farm.  They live a few miles down the road toward Kisumu - in farm country all your neighbors are miles away, funny how that works.  These were great gals, each had a unique testimony about coming to Christ in a very strongly Hindu environment.  At least, I'm pretty sure it was Hindu, I didn't write it down nor the specific Hindu sect as there are plenty.  Anyways, great testimonies that involved physical healings and spiritual manifestations.  We also got to visit their house the following day, but more on that later.


One of the gals, Aran, does some computer-based work, I don't remember if it was photoshop or some form of programing.  But either way, I made sure to give her links for ODesk and ELance as potential places to find some work.  Hopefully she was, or is, able to find something that way. 

Also funny, was the fact that I heard there was another gal staying on the farm for a bit of time.  So a little bit after we arrived I turned a corner and there was a long time family friend Anneliese.  Not who I was expecting so I was quite surprised.  Last time I also saw her randomly at a roommates surprise birthday party - one of those "How do you know my roommate?!" crazy but fun occasions.  So today was no exception as I had no idea that she was in Kenya, let alone the farm.  Anneliese had been there for a few months at this point and was hoping to stay on for another few months to work with a local medical camp that was taking place, but there was some visa trouble.  In retrospect as I'm writing this 2.5 months late, with God's grace and to the extend of my knowledge the visa stuff worked itself out and she was able to stay on. 

No comments: